Are you noticing how many blogs bring up NaNoWriMo lately? Is it just me? Am I noticing because I am trying to avoid the commitment? I confess I am conflicted. There are so many issues to consider.
- Time: If I officially sign up, I am making a commitment to write at least 1700 words a day, every day, for 30 days. That’s a lot. In an effort to dispel this argument, I must remind myself that I am retired. My time is mine to waste. I can give up watching the “View” for a few weeks. I can let “Ellen” dance without me.
- Fear of commitment: No, it is not a marriage I am talking about, yet I am afraid, to say out loud, that I will add my name to the “NaNoNuts” in case I fail. So, Maggie, (I am already talking to myself… is that a bad sign?) who really cares but you? What are the consequences? there are none, zero.. nada.. no one will care but you. So I have officially washed that argument away.
- Next is Fear of Writers Block: I can see it now. It is Nov 1, I sit down to my computer and begin… the blank screen beckons me, and… ummm… nothing comes out. My fingers start to cramp, my brain fogs over and I click open the solitaire game instead. Words are powerful. I am dooming myself to failure and I must stop. Think positive Maggie.. I will write, I will write. I WILL write! (my new mantra)
pause~~~~~~~~~ I will be right back:
Ok, so I have clicked to the NaNoWriMo website and signed up for this year. If you are joining me, please buddy up to me. I need writing buddies. I am all alone on the page. I need encouragement and a push now and then. Oh, and if you could bring me a coffee Tuesday morning I will love you forever. My NaNo name is MaggieLR
So this blog post is my commitment to write, write, write! Here goes..my life as a novelist is getting into gear. The working title is ”Tossed Aside”.
- NaNoWriMo 2011 (strugglingwriter.wordpress.com)
- The Inevitability of NaNoWriMo (mshades.wordpress.com)
- Gotta Start Prepping for NaNoWriMo! (tirelessthoughts.wordpress.com)
- I’m Taking Part In NaNoWriMo (leeswammes.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo is Right Around the Corner! (soulishexhortations.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo (diamondpublicationz.wordpress.com)
- It’s NaNoWriMo time… (jamesgardneruk.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2011 is almost here (100gf.wordpress.com)
- What I learned through NaNoWriMo (enermazing.wordpress.com)
- Just signed up for NaNoWriMo (writeontheworld.wordpress.com)